Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas from Malawi!

Merry Christmas!

I cannot believe it's December, let alone Christmas time already! This year's gone by so quickly and my time here is going by even faster.

I'm in Lilongwe for the day to meet with some friends from my training group for the holidays. Tomorrow morning we'll be heading to Senga Bay to spend Christmas camping on the beach!

I was able to pick up my mail today and received the box of letters my mom gathered from everyone in my family. I was so absolutely overwhelmed and so happy! I can't even describe it! It's so nice to hear from everyone at home, I love and miss you all. Thanks for thinking of me!

And thank you to everyone who's been sending me emails, letters, packages, etc. I know it's a pain that they take so long to get here and even longer for me to respond, but every letter or good thought from home that comes my way means the world!

Enjoy the holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love and Good Thoughts!

Kelly

1 comment:

pat wilson said...

Kelly,
I've been reading your blog off and on the past few months, but given that I am new to blogging, I'm just figuring out how to respond. Hope this works. What you are describing is an amazing experience and one that not everyone would have the courage to take on. You make us very proud at IWU.

I will continue to follow your activities with interest. I'm certain that you will have a great positive influence on the people there and that they will change you in profound ways as well. Take care of yourself and know that there are many of us out here cheering you on. You Go Girl! Pat Wilson