- Small children who scream, cry, and run away in fear upon seeing me
- Small children who are so incredibly happy to see me that the follow me, reach for my hands, and smile from ear to ear especially when I ask them their names
- A handful of people who upon my greeting them and asking how they are say “I am not well, I am hungry” or “Please give me food, I have nothing”
- People who tell me I should stay for more than two years and that Malawi is now my home
- A woman who asked if I was here to take pictures
- Many smiling, welcoming faces, when in Chichewa I introduce myself and say that I will be teaching here for the next two years
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
A Few Reactions toward Me in My First Few Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment