Here are some of the pictures I promised in my last post! The kids hanging out aroudn my house, tree planting, Gwangwa Girls Club and computer class. Enjoy!!
The content and views expressed here are mine and in no way reflect those of the U.S. Peace Corps, any agency of the U.S. Government or the government of Malawi.
I'll be spending the next 27 months as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer! Check here for updates on my adventure as a secondary education volunteer in Malawi!
Kelly Petrowski, PCV
Peace Corps/Malawi
Box 208
Lilongwe
Malawi, Africa
I'm told it takes 2-3 weeks to receive a letter, which must have an overseas $0.98 postage stamp.
They also reccommend sending things in padded envelopes rather than packages, which can take 1-2 months or sometimes much longer to get there!
Wish List
There’s not much better than receiving a letter or package from home! I’m always glad to hear from you and will definitely write back. If you’d like to send me anything here are a few suggestions!
· Old newspapers and other educational materials like Time Magazine, Newsweek, etc. for my students
· Books and novels for teenagers and adolescents
· Art and school supplies like crayons, markers, etc.
· Children's Books and Coloring Books for younger kids
· Stickers, Stamps, and Red Pens
· Granola Bars
· Hard candies
· Decks of Cards
· Chocolate! (Anything)
· Instant Coffee
· Macaroni and Cheese
· Music (I have my computer)
· Movies (I can watch them on my computer)
· Scented candles
· Pictures from home
No comments:
Post a Comment