- Having a refrigerator is essential to eating left-overs. No matter how well you re-heat something, if not refrigerated you will regret it later. (Trust me on this one.)
- I can ride my bike much further and for much longer than I ever thought I’d be able to.
- Spaghetti noodles with brown sugar is a really delicious snack, especially when you have prepared it for a room full of smiling little kids.
- Peanut butter is FANTASTIC and definitely worth splurging for in Lilongwe to take back to your village.
- Teaching is a very tiring job, especially when you have many different classes and literally hundreds of students.
- Having clean hair is an amazing feeling.
- You should not give your cell phone number out to people who give you rides into town.
- My students want things that I’ve always taken for granted and never truly appreciated like good teachers, books, assignments, tests, and answers to their questions.
- When a child shows that she/he really understands what you’ve been teaching him/her, all of your previous frustrations disappear.
- Crocs are the best shoes ever.
- It’s okay to ask for and accept help. I can’t do everything and it’s okay to allow others to fetch my water, share their meal with me, start my fire, etc. when I’ve been busy at school all day.
- I have great site mates!
Love and Good Thoughts!
Kelly
1 comment:
Ramen noodles with cinnamon and sugar is also delicious :)
I also love peanut butter.
Crocs are understandable for where you live, for little kids, and also for occupational safety (eg nurses, chefs)...but otherwise ugh. I see their utility, but I would never own a pair.
Sounds like you are having a lovely February! I love reading your updates!
Post a Comment