Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lilongwe for the Day

No I’m not skipping out on school today on purpose. It seems I’ve had a little parasitic friend named Giardia periodically reaping havoc on my intestinal tract. A common occurrence among volunteers and those living in Malawi, I probably picked it up from something I ate at the market or at someone’s house. No worries, one dose of antibiotics and I’ll be bacteria free!

Not much more to say. I’ve been keeping busy with netball practice, lesson planning, Debate Team, keeping track of my very highly utilized school library, coloring with my kids, visiting the self-boarders at the school, and chatting with my very friendly neighbors.

I’ll be back in town sometime over the next few weeks. I’d been trying to plan a weekend with some other volunteers, but my unexpected netball games have pushed that back just a bit.

In other news, my cousins Nicole and Jennifer have booked their flights for a visit late next month! They’ll be here for a week from the 22nd-28th of March!

I can’t wait and am already making plans for them to meet my students and friends, see the Lake, and visit one of the National Parks!

So exciting!

Thanks for all the letters, packages, emails, and comments on my blog I’ve been receiving!

Love and Good Thoughts,
Kelly

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i read other pcv blogs you seem more upbeat and happier then others you make me happy for you

Kyle said...

Eek! Feel better! That bug is no fun!