I've made to South Africa! 18 hours is a terribly long time to be stuck in an airplane, but I'm here. It's a seven hour time difference and I'm only able to use the internet for a few minutes. To Malawi in the morning!
Hey there, I wish you well on your new journey, I'll keep checking in on your blogs from time to time. Maybe you can teach them to swim while your out there.
good luck! i miss you and you need to update your blog! Truthfully - you probably are SO busy and do you even have steady internet access? i want pictures if you do!
Your accountant buddies miss you too! I finally got a business card sand my certificate so I will send copies when I send my next letter. You're mom called and updated me on the 2 stamp situation. We were trying to figure out how to send you more.... alas we have no African postal contacts :(
Hey Kelly, I'm so happy I got to talk to you the other day!!! I'm glad everything is goin well in Malawi...you have electricity in the school so that's awesome.... oh and I forgot to ask you, how the heck do you balance a jug of water on your head?! I definetly hafta see that when you get back haha! I miss you much.. things just aren't the same without you!! Keep an eye out for your Christmas package!! Love u!!!
The content and views expressed here are mine and in no way reflect those of the U.S. Peace Corps, any agency of the U.S. Government or the government of Malawi.
I'll be spending the next 27 months as a U.S. Peace Corps volunteer! Check here for updates on my adventure as a secondary education volunteer in Malawi!
Kelly Petrowski, PCV
Peace Corps/Malawi
Box 208
Lilongwe
Malawi, Africa
I'm told it takes 2-3 weeks to receive a letter, which must have an overseas $0.98 postage stamp.
They also reccommend sending things in padded envelopes rather than packages, which can take 1-2 months or sometimes much longer to get there!
Wish List
There’s not much better than receiving a letter or package from home! I’m always glad to hear from you and will definitely write back. If you’d like to send me anything here are a few suggestions!
· Old newspapers and other educational materials like Time Magazine, Newsweek, etc. for my students
· Books and novels for teenagers and adolescents
· Art and school supplies like crayons, markers, etc.
· Children's Books and Coloring Books for younger kids
· Stickers, Stamps, and Red Pens
· Granola Bars
· Hard candies
· Decks of Cards
· Chocolate! (Anything)
· Instant Coffee
· Macaroni and Cheese
· Music (I have my computer)
· Movies (I can watch them on my computer)
· Scented candles
· Pictures from home
8 comments:
Hey there, I wish you well on your new journey, I'll keep checking in on your blogs from time to time. Maybe you can teach them to swim while your out there.
good luck! i miss you and you need to update your blog!
Truthfully - you probably are SO busy and do you even have steady internet access? i want pictures if you do!
hi i miss you don't forget to email me when you are able to love your sister
Your accountant buddies miss you too! I finally got a business card sand my certificate so I will send copies when I send my next letter. You're mom called and updated me on the 2 stamp situation. We were trying to figure out how to send you more.... alas we have no African postal contacts :(
Hey Kelly, I'm so happy I got to talk to you the other day!!! I'm glad everything is goin well in Malawi...you have electricity in the school so that's awesome.... oh and I forgot to ask you, how the heck do you balance a jug of water on your head?! I definetly hafta see that when you get back haha! I miss you much.. things just aren't the same without you!! Keep an eye out for your Christmas package!! Love u!!!
Post a Comment