November already! Hard to believe! Here are a few mid-month updates:
School: Things are moving along as usual, we have about two more weeks of teaching this term, followed by a week of examinations. This term I have been teaching all four levels of Biology and Physical Science and have introduced Computer Studies to the upper-level courses as well. This is not to say I'm teaching 150 kids how to use a computer, but I am teaching them the basics, history of and uses of a computer so that I an give them an exam at the end of the term and determine who actually gets to do practical work. As usual, my students are working just as hard as I am, which makes it hard to complain about my work load. Tomorrow we have a football and netball match in Ntchisi Boma, it should be the final one of the term, I'll try to take some pictures!
Home: I have a new addition to my cozy little house, I was given a small kitten in order to combat my compounding rat problem. She's soooo tiny and quite adorable. I've never had a cat before, but I sure do love Mbirizi. Her name is a Chichewa word that can be translated into Champion.
Teacher Housing Project: Things are under way for this project which aims to bring two new teachers two Gwangwa by providing them with housing. Local leaders are continuing to bring their contributions and all of the bricks have been collected. I'm trying to raise funds for this project from back home and have recently started sending letters to local businesses and organizations back in my home town and surrounding area. If you have any ideas about where letters can be sent or would like to make a donation to the project, please email me or go to the link below. All donations are made to the US Peace Corps and are completely tax deductible. Updates to follow!!
https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=614-223
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment