Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Graduation

The Form Fours celebrated their graduation a few weekends ago. It was a fairly large deal, like any graduation in the states. We had t-shirts made in town, had a giant feast, a disco, and invited lots of guests including the Deputy Minister of Education and the Member of Parliament for our area. My favorite parts of the day were the events that featured students, especially the speech that was given by the Head Girl and the plays put on by the other students to entertain their friends. Unfortunately, I had to miss out on the end of the festivities as I made my way to the airport to welcome the newest class of education volunteers to Malawi. It was pretty neat to be on the other end of this ordeal, seems like not too long ago I was in their shoes.

There are pictures from both graduation and the airport on my picture page!

No comments: