My sense of cold may be a bit different from what it was eight months ago, but it’s been absolutely freezing in the mornings and evenings here! I’ve grown accustomed to sleeping in my IWU sweatshirt, sweatpants, a fleece blanket and sleeping bag. I never would have imagined that I’d need a fleece blanket in sub-Saharan Africa. We’re also experiencing shorter days and longer nights which means the sun sets before 6pm and has just barely come up when I crawl out of my sleeping bag/cocoon of warmth around 6 am.
I’m told that it’s going to get even colder come June and July with temperatures inthe low fifties. The cold weather has even brought me to starting a fire in the morning, something I never did before, but having warm water and hot oatmeal is totally worth it on a cold Malawi morning. Cold Malawi morning, who’d have thought I’d ever being saying that?
Of course it’s still always warm and beautiful during the day. I’m still sweating in my tin roofed classrooms and my laundry has been drying much better that it did in the rainy season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment