I love the weekends. I can spend my time however I please, marking assignments, cleaning my house, listening to my ipod, reading, cooking, being at the school with my students, walking to the market with my neighbors, anything I want. Lately, I've been spending my Sundays visiting the homes of some of my favorite students.
A few weekends ago I made the two hour walk to the home of one of my Form Two's. Her name is Holiness Banda and when she invited me to meet her grandmother and sister, I was delighted to come. We spent the morning walking and chatting, arriving at her home around 10 am. I was warmly welcomed, there are so many nice things I can say about the hospitality of Malawians, especially Malawian women, they are so good to their guests. I met everyone in Holiness's family, all of her neighbors and friends and had a great day enjoying good food and conversation. We were caught in the rain on the way back, but all in all had a wonderful day. I've posted a few pictures of my visit!
The following weekend I was invited to the home of one of two of my Form Three's, Rosemary and Samuel Nkhoma. They're both incredibly bright students and I was glad to be able to praise them in front of their parents. They live very close to the school, as both of their parents are primary school teachers in our village, so there wasn't much of a walk to get there. After a very warm welcome and lunch, Rosemary and her father took me to see their garden. We walked through the maize, beans, fruit trees and other growing vegetables and had a wonderful afternoon. I ended up leaving with armfuls of fresh corn, sugarcane and yummy lemons and guavas, like I said above, nothing beats the hospitality and warmness of Malawian families !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi kelly.i miss you very much.
Post a Comment