On Monday, February 8th we began construction of our school kitchen. A few months ago, our building committee held interviews and hired one primary builder for the entire job, Mr. Maluwa. He is assisted by another man and a woman who brings water to aid in the construction. Together they’ve been working hard and it has definitely paid off. I am happy to report that after only one week from breaking ground, phase one of construction is complete! That is, the foundation has been finished.
Our builder, on the first day of construction.
Future and Present Kitchens
Since we started, each day (excluding Sundays) the headmaster or I wake up early and meet the builder to give him the materials he will need for the day. Throughout his working, various member of the committee come to supervise and monitor the progress of the project. Mrs. Chipokosa, the Building Committee Chairperson, has been the most frequent supervisor on the scene. 
The whol crew. My headmaster, our committee chairperson Mrs. Chipokosa, the assistant builer, the woman who carries water with two of her children and the builder, Mr. Maluwa.
I’m told that construction will finish in only a few weeks time!
I will keep you posted!
I will keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment