There’s a lot going on right now. New babies, international vacations, grant proposals, meetings, marking exams, but the number one thing on my mind today is preparing for our science mini-camp, Camp STAR. I’m in town today picking up supplies and materials, printing welcome packets and evaluations, putting together MSCE questions, and gearing myslef up for hosting 50 students and 8 other volunteers!
It’s taken a good deal of preparation on the part of me and Mike (my sitemate), but luckliy we’re getting a lot of help and support from other volunteers. Seven other volunteers from my education group have agreed to give up a week of their term break and come teach. That means we’re gonna have a pretty full house at Gwangwa and lots of great classes: Cailtin – Genetics, Tim W. – Human Diseases, Kelly O. – Electricity, Adam – Mathematics, Joce – Human Body, Bryan – Chemistry Lab, Alyssa – HIV/Sexual Health, Mike – Physics Lab, and Me – Plants. I’m so grateful to all of my friends for agreeing to help!
I’m also so pleased with my Form Four students here at Gwangwa for their help in getting things ready around the campus. When I posted the names of the twenty students who would be representing our shcool at the camp, they organised themselves together to assign different jobs to one another in order to clean the campus and help me as much as possible. I love that about my students; they take initative without being asked and they’re proud of themselves and the things they are doing. So this means I’ve got some pretty excited students and a clean campus ready for 50 students on Sunday!
I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes and post pictures once it’s all over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment